Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Birthdays and Mondays

A crazy busy week last week. I barely remember it.

I have pottery class tonigt so I'm thinking about what I did last week and what I'll do tonight. I put handles on some mugs. I'm pretty sure they were the worst handles ever made by someone over the age of 5. Oy vey. It was the first time in 2-3 months I made a handle and apparently I was quite rusty.

I glazed my test tiles too. I'm excited to see those as I tried some new combinations and I hope to glaze my mugs tonight. Only one class left after this one. Man, the time flies. I think 6 weeks is too short - I want to do a longer class next time if I can.

Went to dinner on Saturday night for Debi's birthday. All the best people came. A few good ones had to stay behind w/ their kids (we were all with all of our usual babysitters). Luckily a good friend of mine from work was able to watch my kids.

We went to the Cajun Queen on 7th Street in Charlotte. We enjoyed it a lot. It was an old house (with not much parking). It had a good bit of character (reminds me a little of the original Garden Cafe). The tiny little bar and the dining area on the 2nd floor were quite noisy but we were on the new patio, so we didn't have to contend with noise. I was expecting more of a dive, so I was pleasantly surprised. But it's definitely not a quiet, romantic sort of place either. The food was very good. Pretty darn close to authentic New Orleans food.

I only did one stupid thing the entire night. When the bill came, I added on the standard 18% - 20% tip, not realizing they had automatically included it. DOH. Debi mentioned after we got on the freeway. Can't believe I fell for that one (especially in my line of work). So the server got a REALLY good tip. I might be steamed if it were lousy service, but the service was top notch and we did have a great time, so it's all good.

Mondays should just be removed from the week. Can we replace them with something else? I actually was in a good mood this morning (for a Monday). I was all chipper, with a spring in my step and a song in my heart. I went out of my way to be friendly and to assist others.


But Monday Karma paid me back by crashing my computer and hosing my network connection to the server in the corporate office. I have spent at least 30% of my day waiting for something to load and/or re-booting my computer. There are other things I could gripe about but I'll spare you.

Anyway, lots of birthdays -- Debi (this is it babe, the official end of your bday period), Finn, Matt, Zack, Brandy, Collin, Brent, Jeff, Kelly, Rick, Brian, Joe, Me. Wow, I know a lot of cool people who are Libras. Happy Birthday to us all!