Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bowls, Pies and Blogs

I did not get around to glazing anything in class last night. I got all of my bisqued pieces waxed (so I can start glazing first thing next week), then we discussed our new test tiles. My favorite: white over mystic moss. My least favorite: mystic moss over warm jade. Then I threw a couple of bowls. I've been concentrating on mugs and handles lately so I hadn't thrown any bowls in quite some time. It was good to throw a bowl for a change. And it seemed to flow more easily than I remember. Maybe it's good to take a break from a form.

Blogs are a funny thing... I read the entry about Elaine Spallone's blog on Jen's blog just a day or two ago. Then last night at class Shari was making a pot that looked sort of like a really big pie dish, which prompted Julie to tell us about a friend who made a huge apple pie. I said: "oh yeah, Jen's friend Elaine made that huge apple pie - I saw the picture on her blog." Then an hour or so later, I actually met Elaine Spallone at the studio.


Maybe it's not so funny; maybe you had to be there.