Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sample ballot for York County, SC

I’ve searched all over for a sample ballot for the upcoming election but have yet to find one that has the candidates & questions that I will be voting for on Nov 4th. If anyone knows where I can find such a sample ballot, please let me know.

Alternatively (and almost as good), I did find a list of the election candidates & questions for all of York County:
CLICK HERE. This list contains the info for all districts in the county, so you'll need to know your district to determine which races you’ll be voting on. CLICK HERE to find your disctrict & precinct info.

Armed with this info you should be able to determine which candidates & questions you’ll see on your ballot on Nov 4th. Please feel free to share this info with any other York County residents who want to be prepared when they step into the voting booth.

I don’t want to sway your vote; I just want to encourage everyone to vote. But if you don’t have an opinion, feel free to call me – I’ll share mine!

----------------------------

P.S. I’m not endorsing Mr. Brackett, but wanted to answer some questions that have come up in recent conversations:

  • In the State of South Carolina the person who prosecutes criminals is known as the circuit SOLICITOR (for you Law & Order fans: the district attorney).
  • Mr. Brackett’s first name is Kevin, not Keep (Mr. Brackett is the incumbent candidate).