Monday, May 05, 2008

Looking for cheap gas?

There is no such thing as cheap gas these days.

However, a friend sent me this link where you can find the cheapest gas in your zip code. If you're interested... http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx.

Is anyone else tired of hearing about gas prices EVERY TIME you turn on the news?? They're not just giving the nationwide average, they're also giving us the price in every major city along with video footage of some average Joe pumping his gas. Is that really necessary? I know the price is high when I fill up. If I'm curious about gas prices between fill-ups, I can just glance at the sign as I drive by the 20 or so gas stations I see every day during my travels. There's reporting real news and there's beating a dead horse (sorry, probably not the most sensitive cliche I could have used in light of the Derby tragedy).

An interesting footnote to this gas conversation... I visited my hometown this past weekend and my Mom gave me a box with all of the postcards and letters I've sent her over the years since I left home. I've only read a couple at random so far; one was my first letter from Italy -- I was outraged that gas was nearly $4.00 a gallon (it was about $.80 a gallon in the States at the time I think). It's all relative, huh?