Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bull Shirt

The kids found some old photo albums under the guest room bed this morning and wanted to look at them (by the way, I discovered that one is the max number of photo albums two kids can view without losing interest).  Here is some of the conversation that occurred:

 

As we were flipping through the pages, one was marked with a sticky note.  They asked why.  “I think it was marked because I blew that one up,” I told them.  “You blew it up????!?”, they responded in shock.  Then Amelia explained, “You couldn’t have blown it up, it’s still there!”  Duh.

 

“Daddy, why were your glasses so big??”  Good question.

 

One picture from when Aunt Penny visited me in Italy had a label with the names of the people in the picture, including “Penny Campbell.”  I guess the girls didn’t know that Aunt Penny was married before, but they figured it out.  After pondering the situation briefly, one of the girls asked, “Does Uncle Marky know??”

Note to Aunt Penny:  I pretty much skirted the topic, just wanted to let you know that they might be asking you some questions.  Also, if Uncle Marky doesn’t know, you got some splaining to do.

 

When looking at pictures of the ancient ruins in Athens, Amelia said, “if it was all ruined, why would anybody want to go there??”

 

Some of the pictures were of my rodeo adventures in Italy.  “You rode a bull???!?”, again they were shocked.  Later, as they were putting on the old shirts they use for paint smocks Isabel exclaimed, “hey, this is a piece of history, it’s Daddy’s old bull shirt!”