Ok, so it's a little cheesy, but this song is etched indelibly in my memory. Someday (hopefully far, far into the future) when I'm on death's door and my life flashes before my eyes, I have no doubt this memory will be included in the montage.
I was a brand new airman in the United States Air Force and had just arrived at my first permanent duty station. It was my first official military function at my new duty station. There we were, all in our dress blues surrounded by flags. The Air Force Band & Choir were performing. They were AMAZING. They had performed several patriotic numbers & the emotions of the crowd were approaching a fever pitch. They finished off with this song and brought the house down. It's true that music has the power to move men's souls.
Newly Unveiled Playful Photo Strip of Dolly Parton and Carl Dean Goofing
Around in a Photobooth, ca 1960s
-
This candid, playful photo strip shows country music icon Dolly Parton and
her late husband, Carl Dean, goofing around in a photobooth during the
early day...
1 day ago
|